Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Recap!

This weekend was so nice and relaxing! We started off with a trip to the Niabi Zoo on Friday, my mom came on Saturday and Sunday we just hung around the house!!

The zoo was so nice and the perfect amount of time to get through! The kids LOVED it!!!

On Friday night my mom got in pretty late!! So Saturday we spent the whole day with her and my step dad or as my kids call them Grandma Landsaw and Papa Troy! We had some lunch in Iowa City and hit up a few stores and was going to try and hit some garage sales but was too late for those! We had a nice evening outside on the deck! It is so nice to have them here and the kids really miss them when they leave :(

Sunday was a much needed "get crap done" day! We got a lot of stuff around the house, made a quick trip to Menards (kidless, thanks Katie) and then went and visited Chad's parents and Brother! Chad and I ended the night watching the storm and drinking some sangria's! Here are a couple of pre and post storm pics! We got pretty lucky with no damage but the wind did move around some things ;)




Wouldn't let me rotate this one, but you get the idea ;)



All in all a perfect way to end a perfect weekend!!

On a sadder note, some did not have the weekend that I had, and that has also made me stop and think about life and the people in it!! I saw this little saying and thought it couldn't be more fitting! Prayers to those who lost loves one this past week!


Sometimes things in life happen that make you stop and think about life and all that you have.


The littlest and most important things can sometimes get taken for granted. The hustle and bustle of life sometimes causes us to overlook the things that are most important and most to dear to us   

We sometimes forget that tomorrow is not promised and that today we should appreciate every single thing God has blessed us with.


I pray I never take a minute of this wonderful, crazy, busy, fabulous life of mine for granted!

I pray that God will always protect everyone in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment